Undies, underwear, bloomers, tighty whities, intimate apparel whatever you may call it…we need ‘em, love ‘em and want ‘em. It’s just like music. We love it, need and want it. So, I had a thought, let’s combine the two. Can you name song titles with words such as pajamas, underwear, bras, panties, or any underwear reference, mentioned?
I did some research and came across a few.
1. Thong Song by Sisqo. Of course, this song had to be cited. Did you know it was released in 2000? Even now, 22 years later it has the crowd on their feet on the very first note.
2. (I wanna be) your underwear by Bryan Adams. This song was released in 1996 and to be honest, I never heard of it until I began to do some perusing for this blog. I mean, there are a couple of intimate references in this song, such as sleep, sheets, underwear and bathrobe. I think that covers our topic very well.
3. Pinch Me by Barenaked Ladies. This song was released in 2000, 26 years later it is another first for me. Although the underwear reference does not occur in the third verse, it does make the list of songs that mention any form of intimate apparel.
4. Mary Jane’s Last Dance by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Almost 30 years ago this song was released and we don’t hear the mention of underwear until the very end. That’s ok, it still makes the list.
5. L.U.V. by John Cougar Mellencamp. Very early into this ditty, we hear about ‘Pretty boys in their underwear.’ It’s not just pretty boys in their underwear. We want ALL genders to wear our intimates!