1. Did you ever wonder how the word underwear came about for men and women? It originated in 1835, from the French word lingerie meaning 'linen goods, things made of linen'. (etymonline.com, 2022).
2. Per thoughtcatalog.com, men wore girdles to hide their weapons in ancient times.
3. Madonna's famous cone bra corset, which she debuted in 1990, is more than 32 years old. (ew.com 2022).
4. For necessity, per lacyhint.com, crotchless panties were worn by women for need-NOT sexiness. On the other hand, it was the men who wore crotch underwear.
5. Bedbible.com has reported that over 1/4 of online lingerie purchases are made by men.